Soft covered book titled Pasture Profits with STOCKER CATTLE by Allan Nation, 1996, 192 pages.
Allan Nation, editor of the Stockman Grass Farmer , illustrates his economic theories on stocker cattle by profiling Mississippi grazier, Gordon Hazard. Famous in national beef cattle circles for his penny pinching ways, Hazard claims never to have lost a dime on stocker cattle in over 40 years of graziering. This book shows how Hazard has accumulated and stocked a 30000 acre ranch solely from retained stocker profits with no bank leverage.
Some of the topics include:
- GORDON HAZARD - THE GURU OF GRASS
- THINGS YOUR BANKER NEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT LEVERAGE, LAND & CATTLE
- GETTING RICH ON GRASS
- MESHING ANIMALS WITH YOUR GRASS
- COW THINKING, CUTTING STOCKER DEATH LOSS WITH STOCKMANSHIP
- HEIFERS, BULLS, AND DAIRY CALVES
- BIG PROFITS FROM LITTLE HOLSTEINS
- THE CLOVER SOLUTION FOR TOXIC FESCUE
- GRAZING ALFALFA
- DIRECT GRAZING GRAIN CROPS
- LOW COST GRASS SILAGE PRODUCTION
and much more!
This book is in VG condition, pages clean and intact, and the binding is tight. A must have for any rancher and cattleman!
pasture profits stocker cattle allan nation gordon hazard cow book
- Product Code: e229
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 6 inches
- Pages: 192
- ISBN: 9780963246004
- Views: 6
- Availability: In Stock